LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kickstarter

4 posters

Go down

Kickstarter Empty Kickstarter

Post  Scooter Paul Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:17 am

It's never occurred to me before to be a problem but recently I was advised by a reliable source that you shouldn't remove the kick start pedal without taking off the chain case as it needs resetting afterwards. Any other views?

Paul
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter Empty Re: Kickstarter

Post  Thackers Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:04 pm

I'm pretty sure I've had mine off with the chain case side still on the casing.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:57 pm

had mine off numerous times too without the casing coming off. what is there to reset? the stud in the kick-start piston runs up and down the buffer, of which can be slightly adjusted but that's about it.
I have known the kickstart piston to become dirty and clogged and as such not withdraw completely and thus leaving the teeth slightly exposed to catch on 1st gear
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:41 pm

I've heard that before Paul, possibly from the same person as you. Cant remember the reason given exactly but it was something that led to the piston catching on the first gear teeth but for a different reason than what Daz says.

I'm glad you have brought this up as I recently removed my kick start pedal as its off to Hull for a rechrome and I was wondering whether i'd need to lift the case cover when I refitted.

At least there is no need to take the exhaust off like on a series 3. Pain in the bum that, just to get to the gears
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Thanks all. Finally got into the workshop today after a month of house improvements- nightmare! I've checked out a side case already off a bike and, yes, there's no need to reset anything. The pedal can be taken off with the side case in situ.

Paul
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum