LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wanted toolbox

5 posters

Go down

wanted toolbox Empty wanted toolbox

Post  steve Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:29 pm

to fit my cl50 any idea,s where i can get one Question

steve

Back to top Go down

wanted toolbox Empty Re: wanted toolbox

Post  daz.h Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:26 pm

cassa lambretta do them now.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

wanted toolbox Empty toolbox

Post  steve Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:06 pm

thanks for that info daz Wink

steve

Back to top Go down

Post  zefarelly Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:03 am

Jeez your up early!
zefarelly
zefarelly

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:03 am

Do they? What kind?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:05 am

daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

wanted toolbox Empty toolbox

Post  steve Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:20 pm

yes its that thing called work Evil or Very Mad

steve

Back to top Go down

wanted toolbox Empty Legshield tool Box

Post  mickey c Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi  & sorry to resurrect sn old thread but the link is not working , will a ld one fit a Vega? If not who stocks these & are they a right faff to fit. ?
Thanks
Mike

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:10 am

The above posts I'm sure relate to the small plastic tray underneath the seat, are you meaning one to fit behind the legshields ? If so then you either have to make one yourself or modify / extend a LD type toolbox, a bit of a fiddle but it does give some storage.
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:30 pm

Thanks Thackers
I did mean a legshield glove box, I had no idea 1 went under the seat. I am getting ahead of myself & wondering how & where I carry some tools & oil. A bit of a fiddle you say? All of them of my other scoots have been tricky but think I will give it a try, there's 1 on eBay at a not shocking price. Fingers crossed it fits like a glove (box)!

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:57 pm

If it's the LD type glove box have you seen here?
www.lambrettaspareparts.com
Martin has 2 types 1@£35 and 1@£38 plus postage. Cheaper than what I could see on Ebay Wink Wink
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:02 am

mickey c wrote:
how & where I carry some tools & oil.

Easier to get a rear rack I think, although I guess there is no lock with that option if that's a concern.

I've used the rucksack approach  Very Happy

Dave didn'd you say that the LD toolbox you fitted was more faff that it was worth in retrospect?

Looks boss though  Very Happy

Mike you might want to think where your spare wheel is going too before you jump in.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:24 am

I've used the rucksack approach  Very Happy

Dave didn'd you say that the LD toolbox you fitted was more faff that it was worth in retrospect?

Looks boss though  Very Happy

Ed, yes the process was a faff but I'm glad I have the toolbox, it was where I cut the tunnel cover I wished I'd done different . I should have done the cut so it ends inside the toolbox Embarassed .
I thought of the rucksack but that would have meant every time I'm out on it I have the tools/ oil on my back, not great for a trip into town ETC . The rear rack I mostly use for a 5ltr petrol can on longer runs so the tools wouldn't go there either. It's not massive in space and with oil I can just about squeeze a small tool roll, plus a few extras under the seat.
My option for a spare wheel, a puncture repair outfit and compressed air cartridge or sometimes my small bike pump.
I hindsight I would choose the type without the holes on top. Mine has I have a clock in one and would like a rev counter in the other, but haven't had any luck on that yet without taking space from the storage area below Sad
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

wanted toolbox Empty Glovebox

Post  mickey c Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Thanks for the input chaps
I do think I'll give 1 a whirl, if it looks beyond me, I'll put it on my 'must stick on eBay pile.'
I do think without holes is preferable as there will barely be room for my butties anyway!
But I do like a gadget / other gauge; I did think about modifying a spare headset top to see if I can modify it to squeeze a SIP digital speedo in?

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:05 am

How much bigger are they Mike?

Things are pretty tight in there already
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:52 pm

I did find my original speedo which I didn't know I had so bit of a result as I was thinking I would need to get something anyway.
But I was thinking of getting cheap remade series 2 speedo to see if do a bit of fabrication / bodging like I've with smiths speedos into series 3's. But I will need to do some research as SIP might do a small frame vespa 1 which would take less bodging.
It's all a bit further down the rebuild line but keeping an open mind until someone more learned tells me to stop being a fool!

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Do the SIP ones run wireless? or are they cable driven? If so how are you going to get the wheel end of the cable to drive?
Good news on the speedo find, if you go that route you need to find which cable size it needs, large or small. Then have you got the speedo drive that fits on the front hub?
There is another way, a wireless cycle computer. It has to be one that you can calibrate the wheel size on, I think Sigma do them plus you get all the benefits of trip, clock time, average speed, top speed etc
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:31 pm

The SIP one does all that fancy stuff and can be wireless (from a magnet) programmed to wheel size etc.
but I am also hoping to get a sunny front hub to go with rear I already have & understand that this has more 'convential' speedo drive. I do also have the vega 1, so all things still possible. Although at the moment progress is minimal due to a seized engine bolt in the silent block. I've been drilling for days & not getting very far. Crying or Very sad
I will post some photos when I've got some progress.

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down