LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parts Seller In Stoke

4 posters

Go down

Parts Seller In Stoke Empty Parts Seller In Stoke

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:24 am

Has anyone come across the guy in Stoke-On-Trent that looks as though he buys up anything and everything Vega, Lui or Cometa that he can get his hands on and tries to then sell it on for triple the price.

With that said he is very difficult to deal with (as though he doesn't want to sell anything when he he advertises he does).

Any experiences please (good or bad) as no doubt there will be a few who have had dealings with him and it may help anyone that is thinking of doing so in the near or distant future.
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

http://www.staffordshire-terriers-scooterclub.com

Back to top Go down

Parts Seller In Stoke Empty Parts Seller

Post  Admin Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 am

Staffy whats really annoying is that a lot of his stuff he bought from me some years ago. In around 2001-2002 I was contacted by Chalky (now of Replay Scooters but then of A6 Scooters) who had a large quantity of Luna line parts for sale. They were all secondhand and included approx 10 frames, numerous engine casings and internals, rear light brackets, headset tops, headset bottoms, stands, exhausts, etc. I bought the lot for £250 and he even delivered it for me. Over the next year I sold the stuff off simply to cover my costs and in order to fund my own builds. The guy from Stoke bought quite a bit of stuff from me and always wanted it for next to nothing - which needless to say he didn't get his way on!! Wish I'd have kept it now and I could have sold it on through the club.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Parts Seller In Stoke Empty Re: Parts Seller In Stoke

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:58 am

He's a strange one alright. I was looking at a white frame and engine parts etc about three weeks ago on ebay but only wanted a couple of bits if i was honest so contacted the seller asking if he wanted to sell certain bits apart from the whole lot listed in the auction.

Quite rightly he said he would have done but two people had bid so it wasn't fair (correct thing to do and honest), he did say he would pass my details to the eventual winner to see if they wanted to part with certain bits i was interested in. Anyway it turns out the guy from Stoke brought the bits as usual and contacted me to see what i wanted as he had those and lots of others.

I told him what i was after and he emailed me some prices, when i looked at them he wanted for three parts what he paid for what was an 80% complete scooter in the auction Shocked Shocked Shocked

You couldn't make it up.....
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 pm

any one spoke to him? its always his wife who then goes to ask him questions and comes back to the phone.
he is called john, she's carol i do know there last names but not stating it on here.
he has bought several parts from me and i have never had a problem with him.
years ago i bought a seat for £25 from him Shocked which was a good bargain.
he pulled out all the stops for me when i was emailing every man and his dog looking for a indicator switch and gave me several names and emails, which sadly all proved negative, but was a nice gesture when he was getting nothing in return.
i later found him to be the only one at the time willing to part with a clamp on steering lock, so again fair play to him.
spotted them at wicksteed a few years ago looking at vega parts, (she has a very distinctive voice)
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Staffy (Gareth) Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Maybe im doing them a disservice then as its a sellers market with anything to do with the Luna range with a few people.

It goes to show how good some are when they will help you get that daft little bit your after or in other cases send you things for next to nothing or swap through places like this and thre LCGB as a few have done/ i do (Daz, Neil on here to name but two) Very Happy
Staffy (Gareth)
Staffy (Gareth)

Back to top Go down

Parts Seller In Stoke Empty ebayers

Post  joeyfont Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:01 pm

...bought some stuff of these people....cometa oil pump n tank reasonable price,good to deal with...some other stuff was a bit pricey and didn't buy....but everyone has a price...

joeyfont

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Wouldn't buy from them myself, although I have done so in the past. Sold me a carb which was apparently jetted correctly. When I complained that the atomiser amongst other jets was wrong they tried to charge me more for getting the right one. Also you will always get the bare basic of what you are asking to but. ie said carb didn't have flip choke.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down