LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fork links

2 posters

Go down

fork links Empty fork links

Post  daz.h Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm

just putting my forks together and i have noticed how mis matched the fork links are to each other.
was not sure if it was just the set i was using, so checked another set i have as spares and they are also quite a mis-matched set.
i wonder if thats why some people have had trouble centralising wheels.
i certainly wont help.
i will get some pics later and put them on.
daz
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

fork links Empty Re: fork links

Post  daz.h Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:06 am

pics as promised.
fork links Linksout1
fork links Linksout
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:07 am

anyone else ever noticed this Question
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  zefarelly Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:07 am

I fitted new bushes to mine on Sat and can't say I noticed anything, I didn't lay them down side by side like that, however, if the forks are straight and you want to the wheel to be pointing in one direction only (ie straight ahead) then the pivot point (bolt) and mounting point ( hub stud) bust both be the same. I'd say ones bent, possibly expplaining the lack of plating ?

THe casa bush kit needed pressing in, and now the front wheel sits straight in the forks, and pivots squarely. We went for a ride out yesterday ( about 35 miles) and it kept up with all the large frame stuff no problem ( In fact I had to slow down and let them catch up at one point!) no dampers fitted yet, not sure I'll bother . . .
zefarelly
zefarelly

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:25 am

all fits fine now, i'll get some of the cassa plastic bushes for when i do the rebuild, i dont need the insert though as ive used stainless bolts and insert.
nice to see your having to slow down for the other machines, might make them look at luna's in a different light !
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  zefarelly Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:55 am

I think its mincing mod syndrome more than scooter innability!

I don't use SS as it has a tendancy to react and seize, fortunately my Lui being an import is entirely rust free, the bolts look like new. washed reassembled and packed with graphite grease should see them fair for a good few years

copper grease is a must with SS ( if it really is, there's a lot of cheap nasty stuff and even if its good there are many different grades . . .many of which do corrode! )
zefarelly
zefarelly

http://www.throbnozzle-racing.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down