LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

and another LUI infected...

+3
Neil
Snails
20/9
7 posters

Go down

and another LUI infected... Empty and another LUI infected...

Post  20/9 Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Hello LUI fans,

I've been reading You for some time and as my friend Innocenti-71 today sent me a very interesting link I decided to subscribe and join this forum.
Briefly regarding myself, I am Roberto from the east surroundings of Milano, got my Lambretta infection in 1989 by a 150LI 2nd series and since that time I've been restoring and collecting everything about the scooters of Lambrate.
Bought my first LUI in 1994,50cl, tutquise, bad condition, was restored and sold as an exmplar in near mint condition in arancione 8037 was dicovered . Actually four kids in the garage all in original condition; just mechanics was remade to drive along, and bodywork only polished.

Bye
Roberto
20/9
20/9

Back to top Go down

and another LUI infected... Empty Re: and another LUI infected...

Post  Snails Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:11 am

Welcome aboard Roberto. Do you have some pictures of you Lui?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:32 am

Hello Roberto - nice to see that you are located in Milan! Are you near to the old Innocenti factory?

Be great to see some pictures of your Luna's!

Cheers
Neil

Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  20/9 Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 am

Hello Snails, hello Neil

I 'm about 5 km away from what is left of the old Innocenti factory.
By the way only a few halls of the old industry department are left. The buildings and factory halls where the Lambretta were manufactured were demolished and apartment blocks were raised.
You can see this quite good on Googlemaps entering Milano Via Rubattino and proceeding towards via Pitteri looking righthands.
I do of course have some pictures of my lunas and would be very pleased to enter them here but I'm not sure to succeed.
I tried Yesterday evening more than one hour as I wanted to add the picture of my son's lui in the rare & curios stuff gallery, by did not get it upload.
I read through the help tag and try now.
Bye
Roberto
and another LUI infected... Lui_fr10
and another LUI infected... Dsc03210
and another LUI infected... Lui_cl10
and another LUI infected... P1030810

Last edited by 20/9 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
20/9
20/9

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:44 am

Roberto

Wow, that is great that you are so close to the old factory site - but I guess sad as well knowing that it is no longer producing Lambretta's!

Thanks for posting the pictures - I especially like your silver one - is this a Vega (75S) or a Cometa (75SL), I can't quite make it out?

Cheers
Neil

Neil

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:58 am

and another LUI infected... P1030810

very nice, sure I have seen it somewhere before. Is that the original rear light fitting?
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  20/9 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:44 am

Hello Neil,

the silver one is a 75S, the picture was taken as i picked it up .
The 75 SL, indeed a COMETA is the red one with the 335 numbers painted.
This scoot has by the way an interesting story, even though bad looking from the painting.
It is original red painted , but the legshield was repainted on the outside with some different tone. You can see that on the front near oval J area that is missing.
This scooter came out from the Innocenti factory in june 1997 and was in use inside the facilities for internal postal service.
Meanwhlie I found a new light unit and last saturday in Novegro a NOS rim with some minor hits.
I've some other projects now in line ( B, Police Serveta..) but in the next future I plan to wash all the red repainting down to the original tone, and then polish the entire bodywork and remake the entire mechanics. Of coure the 335 painting will remain.
20/9
20/9

Back to top Go down

Post  20/9 Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 am

Hello Snails,

the only possibility You had to see this scoot was at Reggio Emilia fair in 2009 where i bought it in this condition.
The rear light is of course the original one.
This scoot has had a front hit as the front mudguard was little smashed and the fork torn to back.
A new fork was fitted, repainted and little scratched to be the same age looking of the rest of the body work.
Very little chips were touched with biancospino at the rear part of the tank, after the
entire bodywork was washed fith fosforic acid to get rid of the brown oxid layer that fortunately did not went through the original paint in most of the surface.
Probably it will land as some other scoots of mine in Vittorios museum if enough room is left.

and another LUI infected... Img_4410

bye
Roberto

20/9
20/9

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Roberto, welcome. Are there many lui's on the road in Milan or just you? Do you belong to any scooter clubs in your area? It's a ambition of mine to one day visit Milan and go to Vittorio's museum your so lucky to live so close to all that history, even the scooter stuff Laughing A.C or Inter? cheers
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  20/9 Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm

Hello Thackers,
about luck of living in Milano... I'm not that sure it's a great luck, depends also a lot on ones character.
I have been living for 5 years near Nuremberg in Germany and can tell you there is an enormous difference...
So in Nuremberg for example I was riding my 50cl to work and backwawards home and could be sure that no one would have touched a screw.
Here You cannot ride Your LUI as it is a two stroke and it is forbidden on working days as incresing pollution .So here the answre to Your question.
It is not the truth by a 100 as I do know at least 20-25 LUIs in Milano and surroundings, but riding only on sndays to some rallies or so, otherwise they are stolen in 5 minutes.
I' am member of Lambretta Club d' Italia, region Lombardia joined the LCI in 1989 as founded.
Actually after several years of vice presidentship ( president wasvittorio in those years) of the club I am concentrating myself more to my family as 4 1/2 years ago a little lambrettista was born.
My job requires also a lot of time, so I prefer to spend the few hours left in my garage restoring my scooters.
I had a wonderful invitation from a good friend of mine from germany to ride to Ireland to the Eurolambretta this year, and planned to do that on a Lambretta 48 from '60. But afterlong planning it turns out as impossible to me to attend ; certainly next year in Belgium.
When You come to visit Vittorio( do that after 30 april this year as renovating the site) send a MP some days before, i live less than 1 km away fro Vittorio and will be very pleased to know You personally.
Soccer...as told the few hours left are for scooters,so I am not such as soccer fan as everyone immagines from a guy living in Italy; lets say i prefer AC. to Inter.

Bye
Roberto
20/9
20/9

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:55 am

roberto,
welcome to the club, a nice collection of luna's you have there.
when you see vitorio next ask him if the 75s headlight rims are going to be remade please, oh, and of course that rear light rubber boot.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  daz.h Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:57 am

it would be nice to see the cometa of yours back in its original colour, at present i dont think the red (martian) has been properly colour matched.
daz.h
daz.h

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Oh good point daz. Can you ask him about the silent blocks to! Smile
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  Supereibar Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:09 am

Hello Roberto, my name is Jaime and I am from Barcelona, EspaƱa. I lived in Milano back in 2004 until 2005 and I rode my J50 every day without the police stopping me or anything. When has that strange law become a fact? Also, my scooter was never stolen, it was on the street for months and nobody would touch it. I lived in Viale Umbria on the angle of Viale Cirene. I also went to school about 100 meters away from Via Rubattino. I went there and some pack of Romanians where literally living inside of what was left from the Innocenti warehouses. Very sad parade.

I do go back to Milano to go to the Novegro fair and I really enjoy it. I haven't been in a while cause I was without a job for nearly a year and of course, without any money it was pointless for me to buy anything.

Please do stay in touch as I would like to meet up one day if I go to Milano. My email is lambrettalocomociones@gmail.com Also, I am good friends with Donato di Dio, whom you might know, from your club. I was the chap who received them when they came over to Barcelona back in 2007 (has it been that long already?)

Best,

Jaime

Supereibar

Back to top Go down

Post  PanosK Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:08 pm

Welcome Roberto , it is always a pleasure to get to know another Lunatic .
PanosK
PanosK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum