LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vega for sale.

+2
mickey c
Scooter Paul
6 posters

Go down

Vega for sale. Empty Vega for sale.

Post  Scooter Paul Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:29 am

Vega for sale. Img_1211

Im hoping this will work as I've struggled to post pictures before!
I've tried advertising this on Facebook but the only interest I've had is from people miles away.
It's a 1968 Cometa with a standard 75cc Vega engine. Fully restored by me from a bare metal full nuts and bolts base. I've been saving up all my best bits for this build and largely speaking it was in excellent shape to start with. The not quite so good bits; the silencer is sound but the chrome is not perfect (looks ok though). The speedo is Veglia but hasn't got the Innocenti logo. The rear light is a pattern part. Brand new but very slightly a different shape. The light bracket is genuine though. The brand new Casa headlight rim is not the best fit. Other than that it's very nice! It's just that I want to be up front with everything.
Price £2750. Situated Surrey/Hants/Sussex borders.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Vega for sale. Empty Re: Vega for sale.

Post  Scooter Paul Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:13 am

Vega for sale. Img_1213
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:32 am

Can someone tell me why this is not sold yet? I think the price is reasonable. The only enquiries I've had have been from too far away. Any thoughts? I'd love to sell it to make room for another project. If I could display it in the living room believe me I'd be keeping it!
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:45 pm

Your scooter looks mint Paul!
For what it is worth, I'd guess the price you ask would be close (probably under) a LCGB valuation! But it is a lot of money, it would buy lots of stuff, it's half the price of my car!
I do wonder where you are advertising? I would suggest here is not the best place to sell as I would guess most members already have Luna's and want to get & share tips, show their scooters, maybe source parts etc. Much as I would love a completed scooter such as yours, I'd only buy a project if I were to get snother. I guess this would be true for many on here.
I've not seen your scooter on eBay, Luna facebook, lcgb forum etc. !

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Thanks for your comments. It has been on Luna Facebook several times. I don't use EBay. I might try LCGB as I'm a long time member.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  mickey c Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:31 pm

I do suspect that many LCGB forum members may also be more interested in 'fixer uppers' than finished articles but worth a try, especially as it costs nothing.

I have seen quite a few scooters in high end car dealerships of late; the Jaguar garage near my mum seams to sell several expensive but not great scooters. I have no idea why, how, where they get the scooters from but guess they both make some money & like having classic scooters parked amongst the Jags. I have thought that if my wife (or circumstance) forces me to sell 1, I'd try one of these & a sign at a classic bike / car show.

mickey c

Back to top Go down

Post  Snails Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:13 am

I do think think people like a project as Mike says - mad though that is as you end up spending more that way!

For the price of the scoot you could get two of my cars, but I think that says more about my taste in cars and how much of a cheap skate I am rather than Paul's price.

The other thought I had is some advice from an estate agent I got once - you never want to be improve your house so much so that its at the top end of the bracket that your type of house goes for in that location etc as people wont buy it. I kind of think that this is whats happened. The scoot is really really nice but its priced at the top of the ceiling of what Vegas go for, and deservedly so.
Snails
Snails

Back to top Go down

Post  885donald Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:16 am

Did you sell it ???

885donald

Back to top Go down

Vega for sale. Empty Vega for Sale

Post  Admin Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:22 am

Yes, Paul did sell it and its been sold on a least once since then - it was a nice scooter at a sensible price
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://lunaownersclub.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thackers Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:00 am

Admin wrote:Yes, Paul did sell it and its been sold on a least once since then - it was a nice scooter at a sensible price
I think that was the one he showed at VMSC some years back and won best in the luna range i think. Nice machine and bloke Cool
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down