LUNA OWNERS CLUB
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welding Brackets onto front fork for shocks

3 posters

Go down

Welding Brackets onto front fork for shocks Empty Welding Brackets onto front fork for shocks

Post  looney tunes Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:41 am

Hello all,
Can anyone advise the dimensional position for welding the brackets on, and best type shocks for fitting onto the front forks. Would be looking at some narrow style shocks if possible.

Thanks,
John.
looney tunes
looney tunes

Back to top Go down

Welding Brackets onto front fork for shocks Empty Re: Welding Brackets onto front fork for shocks

Post  Thackers Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:12 pm

I have a set of the BGM slim style ones (non adjustable) and they are spot on. As for the brackets i'll check tomorrow and report back Wink
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Welding Brackets onto front fork for shocks Empty Re: Welding Brackets onto front fork for shocks

Post  Thackers Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:37 am

Centre to centre 210mm that's from the hub spindle
Thackers
Thackers

Back to top Go down

Post  looney tunes Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Many Thanks,

Regards
John.
looney tunes
looney tunes

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooter Paul Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:58 am

Here's how I do it; when you've determined the distance from the axle, i.e. How far up the leg you want them, make up a jig. Get a length of 6mm threaded rod, put both brackets on the rod. Make sure that the distance between the inner arms of the bracket are as you want them and use a nut either side of the bracket just nipped up to hold the brackets onto the rod. Placing the whole structure in place you'll get them ideally spaced for your welding.
Scooter Paul
Scooter Paul

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down